Monday, March 18, 2013

The Best Easter Word EVER!


He who was delivered up because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification. Romans 4:25.

With Easter just a couple weeks away, this is a notable verse for the season!  After a huge discourse on the theology of reckoning, Paul whips out some “Twitter” worthy words.  The whole compound sentence capstones the miraculous, but there is just one word that thrills my soul: because.
There it sits in two places, this word, becausefirst, followed by a picture of that sin-ugly, sin-black creature of Romans 1, 2, 3:  me.

Because. Of me.  On my account.

Because – followed, next, by the only list that really matters, the one that says “Bad I’ve Been Involved In”, also known as "transgressions"... 

Because  - those transgressions (mine) put Jesus (the He  of Romans 4:25) on the cross on Good Friday.

Because - now, written across that chart of accounts are these words:

Debt Cancelled.

Because - my justification, my Debt Cancelled  (somewhere down the road 2000, and some, years later) powered Jesus up from the grave on Resurrection Sunday.

 BECAUSE.  Isn't it just the best Easter word EVER WRITTEN!?!

Consider how impactful that one word is...and rejoice in His Resurrection!  BECAUSE...you are this loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment