Thursday, August 17, 2017

My Thoughts on Injustice and Evil


I have wrestled this week to find words.

Words that express the sadness my heart feels.

Words that adequately portray the righteous anger I feel for the evil intentions that exist in our world (not just our American corner, truly I mean, THE WORLD).

Intentions that bring divisiveness, hatred, and injustice to the forefront of our lives - Every! Single! One! of Us!

Each time I pick up a story from an online news outlet, I'm appalled by it all.

I've even found it hard to pray, because, while I know what I want, I don't really know how to explain it to the Lord.

Thankfully, The Lord God knows the depth and the full extent of my heart, and He hears what I want to say, when I can't find words to say it.

I do know this...

...What I want is for the Lord to bring healing to hard-hearts birthed out of past pain and tremendous hurts.

...What I want is for LOVE to prevail over hatred.

...What I want is for Jesus to give us all color-blind-eyes!
Please!!!!!?????!!!!!


I am still confident God is Love; and, since, words have eluded me, I've rested on a simple prayer of Asaph (Ps 74:22):

"Arise, O God, defend Your cause..."

I've been cheering on Asaph, who found his words before the Lord Almighty, when it comes to injustice of all varieties, on all sides...

"Have regard (pay attention) to Your covenant,
for the dark places of the land are full of the habitations of violence."

"Let not the downtrodden be turned back in shame;
let the poor and needy praise your name."

"Do not forget the clamor of your foes,
the uproar of those who rise against you, 
which goes up continually!"

As I read Asaph's cry to the Lord, I don't see God's answers in response.


The Lord seems silent from His sanctuary.

That's the thing...we tend to have this thought that not speaking out against something must mean we are for something.

The real story is that with God, nothing is something.

He has a greater cause in mind.

A cause, also born out of pain and hurt.

A cause that began years ago in a Garden and culminated on a Hill shaped like a skull.

A cause, of which, the goal is that no man should perish, but all come to know the healing power of LOVE crucified.


The fact is that one day, He will arise and defend His cause.

The fact is that one day, Love will prevail; justice will come with equity; and we will all be color-blind.

Until then, I cannot do much about the evil in the world, but I can determine how I will order my own private world.

"My brothers and sisters, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory." 
(James 2:1)

Here, then, are my marching orders from the Lord of Hosts.

So, my resolve is this:
Oh, my soul march on in strength (Judges 5:21).







No comments:

Post a Comment