Monday, May 14, 2012

Just Do It!

I think we've exhausted "thanksgiving."  For months now we’ve talked about an attitude of gratitude.  We’ve discussed the difference between saying the words, and really living Eucharisteo.  We’ve defined.  We’ve refined.  We’ve clarified.  We’ve verified.  We’ve answered the important questions of:  who, what, where, when, why, and even how! 

So, what is left to be said? 

Answer:  Nothing!

So, how do I bring closure to this entire concept?  That is the question I asked myself this morning.  Honestly, this doesn’t happen on a regular basis, but a passage of Scripture popped into my head.  On the rare occasion this occurs, I listen.  If it’s God’s Word, then it’s God speaking directly to me.  Here’s the passage (it doesn’t even incorporate the word ‘thanks’):

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves.  Do what it says. Any man who...continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it – he will be blessed in what he does.

James 1:22, 25b

In this regard, Nike has it right:

JUST DO IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment