By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the people had marched around them for seven days. By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient. Hebrews 11:30-31.
Life Lessons from Rahab's story, Part 2 has to do with the scarlet cord - that scarlet cord she hung outside the window to identify her home. The scarlet cord that saved her life, and ultimately, the lives of her family.
* don't silence shame - wrap words around shame - we need good COMMUNICATION
* find safe people to whom you can share your story - we need CONNECTION
* be kind to yourself; talk to yourself the way you would a friend - we need COMFORT
* we must learn to be truly vulnerable - it is through vulnerability we will develop COURAGE
* courage leads to CONFIDENCE
* confidence steps over shame and allows us to live in CREATIVITY (shame-gone)
These are good things...they are right...they are even Biblical. Yet they don't clean the soul.
We don't sacrifice in our temples/churches anymore. I'm so thankful. I'd have to camp out at the temple. I'd be lamb-rich and penny-poor.
The break down comes when I don't walk in belief that what Christ has done on my behalf is ENOUGH........