Monday, December 3, 2012

I AM Changes i am! There's So Much More!

I think it’s time to wrap up this series.  Have we exhausted it?  No, not by any means.  Let’s just be honest here; I’m ready to move forward.  It’s time to turn our thoughts toward Christmas.  I want to do that.  I’m ready to start preparing my heart for the advent of my King.  There’s a little hopeful expectation that as I wait for the celebration of his first arrival of so long ago, maybe it will have my heart more prepared for his second arrival, whenever that may be.  There are many days, I beg, “Maranatha! Lord, come quickly.”  Other days, I know that if he were to appear in the Eastern sky, I’d call out, “Um, could you just wait a minute? I’d like to clean up this mess I just made first...”  But, I digress.  See, I am anxious to start focusing on the Christmas season.  This blog is about bringing closure to the current one.


“I AM Changes i am!”  Have you been reflecting on that with me?  Have the truths penetrated your heart in any way?  Oh, how I’d love to sit and chat over a non-fat, sugar-free peppermint mocha latte (see, Christmas is in the air)!  Sigh.  One day in heaven.  You see, as I’m writing these blogs, the truths are beginning to penetrate mine.  Some have released a renewed sense of freedom in me – I don’t have to be perfect, though in Jesus, I am already complete.  Other truths have opened my eyes to just how God views me, and I appreciate being so valued, loved, uniquely prized.  I have this mental picture of the Lord God bending over a treasure chest he has found, excitedly rubbing his hands together as he prepares to open it, and, when he does...I am inside.  I am his treasure, and I’m priceless.  That thought leaves me in awe.  Then I think about the fact that not only did he choose me, but it was with purpose!  Again, awe-struck!  What an honor – I am useful to the Master, prepared for every good work (Ephesians 2:10)!  The more I study the “i ams,” the less words I have to speak.  Actually, there is only one word that comes to mind:  grace.  Amazing it is!  I just can’t get over it... It’s...it’s...it’s...life-changing.  #transform!!!!
However, we could have gone on and on.  As I sat one afternoon, and created a list of possibilities, these “i ams” made the honorable mention list (honorably pay attention to them before we say adios):
I am his heart’s desire
I am his child
I am an heir of God, a co-heir with Christ
I am the sheep of his pasture
I am engraved in the palm of his hand
I am his friend
I am his clay
I am born again
I am blessed
I am seated with Christ in the heavenlies
I am Christ’s poem
I am gifted
I am trusted
I am sealed until the day of redemption
I am a display of God’grace
I am a citizen of heaven
I am his bride
I am his holy temple
I am a member of his body
I am able to approach the throne of grace with confidence
I am light
I am salt
I am a priest
I possess the mind of Christ
I am peculiar (don’t judge -  you are, too)
I am precious and honored in the sight of God
I am the APPLE! OF! HIS! EYE!

If you’re not standing up and shouting, “Wahoo!” and applauding God, something is seriously wrong with you!

Let's talk Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment