Sunday, March 12, 2017

Fasting from Excess

Lent Day 12

In light of yesterday's blog, this passage from David's Psalm has become my prayer. As I focus on my Savior's love and sacrifice for me during this Lenten Season, I desire a PURE HEART (also translated, "clean.").



Here's a promise for those with "pure hearts"...


Fasting has reminded me how far from "pure" I am.

This quote says it well, and ties in with God's heart on "waste." When we are in excess, we tend to waste. When we live in excess and wastefulness, the cure is a "pure heart."

We are a culture with ACCESS...lots of it. "Ultimately, the problem with access is that it leads to excess. With access into something, we have a sense that we are in control of some object, and it is usually too late when we realize that the object actually has control over us. We go from access to excess so quickly that it is difficult for us to know how we got there.
This is why purity is especially important in our age. Purity humbly recognizes that our freedoms can actually enslave us, and so we intentionally refrain. It truly is a sacrifice because we purposefully give up our liberties in order to more appropriately attach to what is healthier."
Today, I fast from excess and waste.
Excess that enslaves me before I know it.

Excess that causes unhealthiness within me.
Excess that holds me back from a pure heart.
Today, I fast for purity.
Today, I fast in order to SEE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment