Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Making Room in My Heart for More

Lent Day 14.

As I wind down a week of focus on fasting as a part of the #lentenjourney...I ran across another blog through the wonderful world of web-surfing. It was another invitation to join a Journey Through Lent. The author's words were practical, succinct, and better phrased than mine have been. Here is one take away from her writings:

Lent isn't so much about what you give up; rather, it is about what will grow in its place.

I meditated on this some little bit.
There's truth to that statement.

It still indicates that there is a fast... This is still true.


Yet, that fast is to make room in my heart for something more.

That "something more" for me has become:
** A restoration of my "first love" to His rightful place in my heart


** A revelation of my true spiritual condition

** A richer, deeper prayer life

** A revival of the Word of God within me for the purpose of spiritual transformation


(Rom 12.2)

** A re-set of some spiritual disciplines, which always create space for more of the Lord's Presence, and therefore, JOY within me.


Here is the end of the road as I receive the concept of fasting on this #lentenjourney:


Doing without definitely deepens what should be within!



No comments:

Post a Comment