Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Give Thanks From a Grateful Heart!

Lent Day 15.

Some organization posted this Lenten Journey "schedule:"


Without realizing it, I have somewhat followed it, albeit the first week of my personal Lenten Journey, I focused on prayer. Then, I researched fasting. The third week (which begins today) focuses on giving. HOWEVER, I lean toward switching weeks three and four. And, this week, my personal emphasis will be on THANKS. 

A personal conviction is that it is thanksgiving that leads to generous giving.

I liked the first sentence on the above calendar:  

Thankfulness is more than an expression; it is an attitude of life.


Oh, that this were so of my attitude! 

So, with this in mind, I begin my new week of Lent planting seeds of thankfulness, in order to sprout a new attitude of life.

These will be key passages for the week (for today, I plan to simply chew on the Spiritual Truths found in each one):

"Give thanks to the Lord, for His love endures forever (1 Chronicles 16:34)."

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:18)."


"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving; and, enter His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name (Psalm 100:4)."

"Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol His name... (Psalm 95:2)."

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God (Philippians 4:6)."






No comments:

Post a Comment